Monday, December 1, 2008

Updating the Coulter Odyssey 1 13.1" Dobsonian Telescope

Back in March of this year, I was fortunate to be able to purchase from Craigslist.org, a used Coulter Odyssey 1 13.1" Dobsonian telescope in essentially pristine condition. It's about 5'5" tall and weighs around 90 lbs. It came with 2 Televue eyepieces, a 7.4mm and a 32mm Plossl. It also came with a 2.5x Televue barlow and a Telrad Finder. All for $175! I was very happy. The original 8x50mm finder scope was pretty much worthless, so I removed it and sold it.

The telescope is a 1,500mm (59") focal length and a f4.5 focal ratio. Very powerful and very fast, too!

Here's how it looked when I first picked it up:


Here's the whole batch of photos that I took of it when I first got it home.


Ambrose

No comments: