Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Quarter Moon February 3, 2009


Here's the best shot of the moon I took last night (February 3, 2009) from my back yard. I discovered something about my setup last night. I have been using my Canon 30D in high speed mode shooting roughly 20 frames at 5 frames per second. Looking at the photos today, I noticed that only the first one came out sharp out of the bunch of 20. I must be having some major mirror slap vibration issues. It couldn't be low shutter speed or motion blur since I was using a relatively fast 1/250th of a second and I wasn't touching the scope.

I will try reducing the frame rate to 3 fps to see if that makes a difference.

This shot was the best of the first shots I took. It look very clear and so I ran it through Registax's wavelet sharpening filters and it came out surprisingly well for a single exposure.

Ambrose

No comments: