Saturday, August 21, 2010

Another Perseid Meteor

Just got back from my vacation in Maine near Biddeford Pool and had 2 wonderful nights of perfectly clear skies in a very dark spot to see the Perseid Meteor Shower. I didn't bring any of my equipment, but I did have my Canon 30D and my 17-85mm zoom lens. I turned off the autofocus and the image stabilization, flipped the camera so that it pointed straight up, set it down on a relatively flat rock with a paper towel to protect the LCD screen and set the exposure for 30 seconds, F5.6. This is the best shot of the 150 or so shots I took that night. I wish I had a wider angle lens since so many of the meteors were just out of frame. I also wished that I had my remote control and tripod and Canon angle finder to help me focus. Ah well, it was fun, "roughing it."

Here's the shot.

No comments: