Friday, January 16, 2009

Nice night, but VERY cold!


Last night (1/15/09) was a very clear and crisp night. Cold doesn't begin to describe it. In fact, it was the coldest night of the year. It was around 18 degrees the last time I checked before bedtime. Waaaay too cold to go out and observe/photograph. I did however, break out an item that I've had for about a month now and haven't had much time to play with. It's a Meade DSX go-to mount. I've paired it up with my Astrotech AT66ED APO but have been focusing so much on Clifford (my big red Dob) that I haven't even had a chance to play with it yet. It has a very minimalist handset with limited features but supposedly tracks well. When the weather gets a bit warmer, I'll go outside and give it a try with some long exposure photography. Orion is sitting beautifully in the sky shortly after sunset...

Ambrose

No comments: