Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Well, it's been many, many months since I've posted but I'll try and make up for lost time. I've been fairly busy with my astrophotography. Fall is finally here and the skies have been relatively clear recently. I've finished my PMP certification course so can focus on my hobbies again.

First off, I'll be working on upgrading my Coulter Odyssey 1 13.1" Dobsonian telescope. I've already upgraded the primary mirror cell to an aluminum 3 point cell.

I've also upgraded the focuser to a 2" low profile crayford so that I could have enough in-travel for my dSLR.
Over the summer, I picked up a Tech 2000 Dob Driver II Rim version computerized tracking system for my Coulter. I'm hoping that the DDIIR will allow me to track the moon and stars much more easily so that I can improve my astrophotos.

I opted for the DDIIR because I didn't want the complexity of a GoTo scope, yet I wanted it to be able to track an object. The beauty of the DDIIR is that it will track any object (moon, stars, sun) with just a few seconds of guiding. This should be more than adequate for my purposes.

I've started cutting the base for the azimuth drive and am awaiting the arrival of an 18" new baltic birch altitude bearing for the DDIIR.

More later!
Ambrose Liao


Now I'll be working on a Tech 2000 Dob Driver II Rim installation on my Coulter.

No comments: